Look My Food's On TV!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Cherry Pretzel Cheesecake

One of the foods I look forward to the most in the summer at parties is strawberry pretzel jello salad. Most of the time someone has made it and I gladly eat it. It's so yummy but I have a fear of making it. What if the jello doesn't set up right? I have anxiety just thinking about it. For my book discussion this month I came very close to making it but I chickened out. I found the strawberry pretzel jello salad recipe on Betty Crockers website. When I decided I wasn't going to make it I looked on that website for something else to make and found a recipe with the name of strawberry delight something. It was basically the same as the strawberry pretzel jello salad but instead of a jello topping you used strawberry pie filling. I had cherry pie filling on hand so that is what I used. I sorta of meshed the two recipes together. I liked the pretzel crust recipe better from the delight recipe and the cheesecake mixture better from the pretzel salad. This dessert is awesome. If you like the salty sweet combo this is for you. The pretzels just give it a great taste and it's not too sweet. I will be making this again probably with a few tweaks so I can have it on WW.

Cherry Pretzel Cheesecake
adapted from www.bettycrocker.com

Printer Friendly Version

2 cups crushed pretzels
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1 8oz package reduced fat cream cheese (softened)
1 cup sugar
1 8oz tub Cool Whip
1 can cherry pie filling

Pre-heat over to 350 degrees.

Combine pretzels, butter, and sugar. Spread mixture evenly into a non greased 9X13 cake pan and press with hands for form a crust. Bake for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.

In a mixing bowl cream together the cream cheese and sugar. Fold in the Cool Whip. Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled crust. Open the can of cherry pie filling and evenly spread over the cream cheese mixture. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.



Sage says hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment