Look My Food's On TV!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Banana Sour Cream Cake

Okay so you are probably wondering what is that white thing. This white thing is a banana sour cream cake. I tried a slice but didn't get a picture of it. I love banana's and any dessert that features banana's. Banana bread, banana nut muffins, banana cake, pie, I think you get my point. But I think banana cake is my favorite. This cake only has five ingredients if you don't count the frosting. Next time I will up how many banana's I use. The recipe calls for 1 cup and two banana's made one cup but I think it needs three banana's. I'll also put the walnuts it calls for around the sides of the cake next time because I think that would make this cake over the top.

Banana Sour Cream Cake
adapted from Food & Family's Winter 2008 magazine

Printer Friendly Version

1 pkg. yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup oil
2 cans cream cheese frosting or *1 recipe homemade cream cheese frosting
1 cup walnuts finely chopped

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

Beat cake mix, eggs, bananas, sour cream, and oil with mixer on low until moistened, scraping the bottom of the bowl often. Pour batter into greased and floured 9X13 pan. Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake completely in pan. Remove cake from pan. Carefully cut cake crosswise in half using serrated knife. Place one cake half, top-side down, on plate. Spread top with frosting. Top with remaining cake half, top side up. Frost top and sides. Press nuts onto sides.

Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting

1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter, softened
1 pkg. (16 oz.) powdered sugar

Beat cream cheese and butter with mixer on medium until blended. Gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment