Look My Food's On TV!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Crazy Crust Pizza

I wanted to try my hand at making homemade pizza dough, but I was out of yeast. I looked online for a recipe that didn't include yeast and found a recipe on Allrecipes.com called crazy crust pizza dough. It was intriguing because it said it was like a batter instead of a firm piece of dough.

It was good but not worth the points. I ended up having to double the crust recipe because it didn't cover the whole pan I was using. It ends up being a thin crust but didn't get crispy. I think it would have been better crispier. Hubby said it was all right so that means you don't have to make this again. I would probably make this again if it didn't cost me 22 points to eat my half of the pizza. I just happened to have a lot of points left today but normally I don't so like I said it's not worth it.

Crazy Crust Pizza
adapted from Allrecipes

1/2 pizza equals 22 WW Points w/o pepperoni

Printer Friendly Version

2 cups flour
2 eggs
1/2 ts. Italian seasoning
1/2 ts. garlic powder
pepper
1 1/3 cup milk
Pepperoni slices
1 small can mushrooms
1/2 cup pizza sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees

Lightly grease a rimmed pizza pan or baking sheet. I suggest greasing it really good because mine stuck around the edges.

Mix together the flour, eggs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, pepper, and milk. The original recipe said to pour batter into the pan and tilt to evenly coat. Mine wasn't thin enough to tilt to cover, I had to spread it with a spoon. The original recipe also said to put the ingredients on the batter and bake for 20-25 minutes. I baked the crust for 10 minutes before adding the toppings, sauce, and mozzarella. I put the mushrooms on one side of the pizza and the other half with pepperoni. Then I spooned on the sauce and topped with the cheese. Bake for 15 minutes more or until the cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment