Look My Food's On TV!

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Baked Oatmeal

My mom used to say that as soon as my feet hit the floor I wanted to eat. I'm still the same way. When I get up in the morning or afternoon on my day off I need to eat. Mornings for me are rough so I try to find easy breakfast ideas. Ones that I can grab and run to work with. I found this on My Kitchen Cafe. I'm not a huge fan of oatmeal but this sounded and looked really good. I tweaked it to be more WW friendly. To get the original recipe just click on the link above. Next time I will halve this because I'm the only one eating it and a 9X13 pan is a lot of oatmeal. But this was really good even with the tweaking. Since it was baked it had a chewy, crunchy texture but I really liked that. I added milk and bananas. I think this would be good with any fruit. It reheated well.

Baked Oatmeal
adapted from My Kitchen Cafe

12 servings, 6 WW points per serving

Printer Friendly Version

6 cups oatmeal, either quick or old fashioned
1 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
1 cup no sugar added applesauce
2 cups skim milk
1 cup Egg Beaters
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons salt

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

Mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased 9X13 baking pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into 12 squares. Serve with milk and fresh fruit. This recipe can easily be halved and baked in a 8X8 pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment