Look My Food's On TV!

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Smores Treats

I think I'm obsessed with anything smores. I've tried making smores cake balls and smores bars. Both turned out okay but not up to my standards. Those recipes still need a little work. These on the other hand were really good. The only thing I would change for next time would be mixing all the ingredients in a bowl and not the hot pan I just melted the marshmallows in. It melted the chocolate and extra marshmallows too much for my liking. I would have liked the chocolate pieces to have stayed intact better. These were a hit with my cousin Kim on our road trip to New Orleans.


Smores Treats

Printer Friendly Version


3 tablespoons butter
6 cups minature marshmallows, divided
6 cups Graham cracker cereal
1 bag mini Hershey bars broken up

In a large sauce pan melt the butter. Add 4 cups marshmallows and leave on heat stirring constantly until completely melted. Transfer the marshmallow mixture to a heat proof bowl. Add the 6 cups graham cracker cereal and stir to help cool the marshmallow mixture. Then add in the remaining marshmallows and broken up Hershey bars. Mix well.

Spray a 9X13 pan with cooking spray. Spread the smores mixture into the greased pan. Spray the spoon with cooking spray if the mixture sticks to it. Cut into squares.

Store at room temperature or in the fridge in an airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment