Look My Food's On TV!

Saturday, August 27, 2011

BBQ Chicken Pasta

I have to say that I'm proud of myself. I didn't make it all week without eating out but I made it the majority of the week. Will and I only ate out on Friday. That's because I was just too tired to cook after working. I have decided that I will cook Monday thru Thursday and on the weekend day that I don't work. I get to treat myself on the weekend day that I do work.

This is BBQ Chicken Pasta. I have to say it was very tasty. Will even enjoyed it saying that I could make it again. High praise coming from my hubby. I made this using Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. It gave this pasta a really good flavor. Using wheat pasta made it semi healthy.

BBQ Chicken Pasta
adapted from My Kitchen Cafe

8 one cup servings, 6 WW points per serving

Printer Friendly Version

1 tablespoon olive oil
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
1 small red onion, diced
3 cups water
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 13oz box wheat penne pasta
2/3 cup Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce
1/3 cup reduced fat sour cream
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese

In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. When hot, add the chicken and onions and saute, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned and cooked through. Remove the chicken and onions to a plate and set aside.

In the same skillet, add the water, chicken broth, penne and salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, until the liquid is almost absorbed, the pasta is tender and the mixture is thick and syrupy. Stir in the barbecue sauce and sour cream. Once mixed, add in the reserved chicken, onions and shredded cheese. Stir to combine and cook until everything is heated through.

Serve immediately and garnish with additional red or green onions and shredded cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment