Look My Food's On TV!

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Pumpkin Roll Bars

 
I love pumpkin!  I am not sure why I wait until the fall to make yummy pumpkin desserts.  I should be making them all year round.  I got the recipe from the Six Sisters.  I love their stuff and I recently got to see two of the sisters when I was in Vegas.  Plus I got a signed copy of their newest cook book.  I was a very happy camper.  These babies turned out so good and they are so easy to make.

All you pumpkin lovers out there: Ready, Set, Go get baking!

I did forget to swirl the cream cheese with the pumpkin but they still tasted really good!

Pumpkin Roll Bars
adapted from Six Sisters Stuff

Ingredients:

Cake

6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
1/4 cup water
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Cream Cheese Filling

8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar until smooth. Beat in 2 eggs, pumpkin, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and water until well blended.  In a separate bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin/butter mixture and combine until well blended. Spread about 2/3 of the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
 
In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/4 cup sugar, and ½ teaspoon of vanilla until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the pumpkin batter. Dollop the remaining pumpkin batter over the cream cheese batter and spread out as evenly as possible.  Use a table knife to swirl together the cream cheese and top layer of pumpkin batter.  Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the center of the pumpkin batter springs back when touched. Cool completely in pan, then cut into bars.

*Serve room temperature or cold.  Refrigerate the leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment