Look My Food's On TV!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Skinny Zucchini Ziti


I got this recipe from my cousin Stephanie. She got it from the website Skinny Crock Pot which I think goes by Skinny Ms. Slow Cooker now because Crock Pot got upset they were using their brand name. I really liked this dish. My only complaint was the noodles were a little mushy. The recipe says to cook for two hours on low or until the noodles are Al Dente. I told Will to unplug this when he got up today but I'm not sure what time that was so I have no idea how long this cooked for. This would be great to cook in a slow cooker that has a timer that shuts off but I only have one that has a timer that goes from cooking to keep warm. I think that keep warm might still cook and the noodles were well done. Other than that I enjoyed it. Will said it was just okay. But I can't please him all the time.

Skinny Zucchini Ziti
from Stephanie from Skinny Ms. Slow Cooker

8, 1 cup servings, 5 WW points per serving

Printer Friendly Version

1 jar Prego Light (you can use any kind of spaghetti sauce but it will make the point value more)
1 13.25 oz. box whole wheat penne, uncooked
2 cups fat free cottage cheese
2 cups skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 medium zucchini cut into 1/4" slices
1 T fresh oregano (finely chopped)
1 T fresh basil (finely chopped)
(I used dried Italian seasoning instead of the fresh oregano and basil)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

In a large mixing bowl combine the cottage cheese, mozzarella, oregano, basil, and black pepper. In the slow cooker, spoon in a layer of Prego, penne, zucchini slices, and cheese mixture. Repeat layers ending with Prego. As you spread the cheese layer be careful to keep it away from the edge of the slow cooker about an 1". Cheese tends to burn if touching the sides while cooking. Cover and cook on low for approximately 2 hours or until penne noodles are Al Dente. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment