Look My Food's On TV!

Friday, January 27, 2012

Slow Cooker Meatballs

My husband loves meatballs. When we go to Subway that is the sandwich he gets, even though it isn't the healthiest on the menu. Meatballs tend to be point heavy. These yummy babies are 1 point a piece. I really enjoyed them but unfortunately my picky husband did not. He wasn't sure if it was the mini buns I bought to make sandwiches out of or the light Prego sauce. I think it's all in his head because I enjoyed every bite of my mini meatball sandwiches. The meatballs were moist and very flavorful. You could taste the Parmesan I put in them. The best part was I cooked them right in the slow cooker. I didn't think they were greasy or anything since I used the leanest beef I could find. Enjoy!

Slow Cooker Meatballs
a Lacey Creation

15 meatballs, 1 WW point per meatball w/o sauce

Printer Friendly Version

1 lb. really lean ground beef
1/4 onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup fiber one cereal, crushed finely
2 T grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Egg Beaters
1/2 T Oregano
1/2 T Basil
1/2 T minced garlic
Jar of Spaghetti Sauce (I used Prego Light)

In a bowl mix together all of the ingredients until incorporated. I used my medium cookie scoop to help me make the balls but if you don't have one no worries just pinch off some beef and start rolling out balls with your hands. I made mine a little bigger because I knew I was making mini sandwiches. You can always make them smaller. In a slow cooker pour some of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom. Place all the meatballs in the slow cooker. Pour the rest of the sauce over the meatballs. Cook on low for 2-4 hours or until meatballs are cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment