Look My Food's On TV!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Chicken Spaghetti

This doesn't look all that pretty but it does taste really good. I wasn't sure while making this on freezer meal day how it would taste but this is a Pioneer Woman recipe and she hasn't let me down yet. I did make a few alterations so my husband would eat it. He doesn't like green peppers or spicy food. I made this for him on the day I made myself stuffed pepper soup. He really enjoyed it.

If you use low fat cheese it will take off some WW points. You could also make this with wheat noodles.

Chicken Spaghetti
adapted from the Pioneer Woman

8 servings, 8 WW points per serving

Printer Friendly Version


2 cups cooked chicken
3 cups dry spaghetti, broken into two inch pieces
2 cans low fat cream of mushroom soup
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cups finely grated onion
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup additional grated sharp cheddar cheese

Cook up enough chicken for two cups in the method you choose. Cook spaghetti in the chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook. When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup of cheese. I split this mixture into two square foil pans and topped with remaining cheese. Each pan had four servings. Cover and freeze up to six months, cover and refrigerate up to two days, or bake immediately: 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly. It took mine almost an hour because I put mine in the oven frozen.

This is what it looked like when wrapped it to put in the freezer. I got two of these from one recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment