Look My Food's On TV!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Homemade Oreos

Homemade Oreos!!!! I love Oreos and when I saw this recipe on The Girl Who Ate Everything's blog I knew I had to make them. My husband loved them and I thought they were really good but I wasn't in love with the filling. When I made these again I used the filling recipe from the Whoopie Pies and I loved them.



Homemade Oreos
as seen on The Girl Who Ate Everything and original source Paula Deen

Printer Friendly Version


2 boxes of devils food cake
4 eggs
2/3 cup oil

1 8oz cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:

Pre-heat oven 350 degrees.

Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat. In a mixing bowl combine the cake mix, eggs, and oil with a mixer. I use my Kitchenaide. The batter will be stiff. Pinch off pieces of the dough and roll into balls. If you have a small cookie scoop you can use that. Place 1 inch apart and flatten slightly with your fingertips. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack or plate.

In another bowl mix together cream cheese and butter until well blended. Gradually add in the powdered sugar and vanilla until the icing is smooth. Try and match up same size cookies together. Flip over half of them and spread icing on them. Top with the remaining un iced cookies. Store in a sealed container in the fridge. Makes about 2 dozen.

If you want to try them with the Whoopie Filling click here: Whoopie Filling


No comments:

Post a Comment