Look My Food's On TV!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Blueberry Muffins

So I bought some blueberries and wondered what am I going to do with these. Of course I thought of muffins. But I wanted to make muffins that didn't cost me a lot of points. I found a recipe for Bisquick blueberry muffins. I used the heart healthy Bisquick and modified the recipe a little bit to make it healthier. These muffins ended up being 3 WW points apiece. I didn't think that was too bad. They tasted pretty good. They are a little drier than regular muffins but still pretty tasty. My advice is to eat them right away. I made them on Thursday and they were good on Thursday and Friday but I left for the weekend and when I went to eat one on Monday they tasted old. So eat them up!

Blueberry Muffins

Printer Friendly Version

12 muffins, 3 WW points apiece

2 cups Heart Healthy Bisquick
1/3 cup Splenda
2/3 cup fat free milk
2 tablespoons applesauce
1 egg
1 cup blueberries

Pre heat oven to 400 degrees

Coat a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray. In a bowl mix together all of the ingredients except the blueberries. Fold in the blueberries. Divide the batter evenly into the 12 cup muffin pan. Bake 13 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.

2 comments:

  1. These look good and I have all the stuff! I think I'll try them this weekend. Do you think it will make a difference if the blueberries are frozen when I fold them into the batter? They get kind of mushy if you thaw them first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The original recipe actually calls for frozen blueberries so it should be fine. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete