Look My Food's On TV!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Crock Pot Asian Beef and Veggies


I made this last year for the first time and I loved it. Not only is it easy but it's pretty healthy to. When I made it this time I didn't have everything so I improvised, which I seem to have to do a lot. I substituted La Chow Original Stir Fry Sauce for soy sauce and I only had 1 pound of meat. The WW points are for these substitutions. I would imagine it would be a little higher if you used 2 pounds of beef.




Crock Pot Asian Beef and Veggies

adapted from Bluestar on The Tasty Kitchen

Printer Friendly Version


8 one cup servings, 4 WW points per serving
Brown rice is 5 WW points per cup

1/2 cup water
1 cup soy sauce or La Choy Original sauce
2 pounds beef stew meat or 1 pound beef stir fry meat
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 cups packed brown sugar
6 cups chopped veggies of choice, make sure whatever you use can hold up to cooking in the crock pot for several hours. I used fresh stir fry veggies, fresh green beans, green peppers, and onions.

When I went to make this I discovered I was out of soy sauce so I used the La Choy and I think it turned out pretty good. I only had a pound of meat. If your not a huge fan of veggies like my hubby make sure you have two pounds of beef. It was fine for me but Will would have liked more meat.

In the crock pot place the meat, water, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and brown sugar. You want the meat covered so it will get tender. Place the veggies on top of the meat mixture. Cook on low for 6 hours. Serve with rice.

Very yummy dinner and the crock pot does all the work. You can't beat that.

No comments:

Post a Comment