Look My Food's On TV!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Twix Ice Cream Cake

I have now made two recipes off of Life as a Lofthouse's blog and both have been excellent. It was my cousin Kim's birthday on Monday and I wanted to make her a sweet treat. When I saw this recipe a while back I knew I would have to try it. It has caramel in it and I love caramel. I think I could eat caramel on almost anything, almost. My only complaint is that I think it needs more ice cream. And that could be because I doubled the cookie recipe. I couldn't find my 8x8 pan and I knew spreading a single recipe out in a 9x13 it would have been to thin. So I doubled it. I didn't have to use all the cookie and I didn't but I used most of it. The cookie part tastes like a brown sugar, sugar cookie. It was really good. Kim enjoyed it and that was my goal. I didn't get a picture before we tore into it but I think the picture shows all it's ooey gooey goodness.


Twix Ice Cream Cake
as seen on Life as a Lofthouse

Printer Friendly Version

1 quart vanilla ice cream, slightly softened (I would buy two next time, but I like a lot of ice cream)
1 16 oz jar caramel ice cream topping
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Cookie Recipe (Reflects the doubling I did, if you know where your 8x8 pan is half the recipe)

1 cup butter, softened
4 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon vanilla


I knew I was going to be making this as soon as I got home from the store so I grabbed the ice cream first to let it soften while I shopped. The ice cream was ready to go when I got home. Spread the ice cream in a 9x13 pan, cover and put in the freezer to harden for about 2 hours. While the ice cream is chilling start making the cookie topping. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Cream together the butter and sugars in a bowl. Add the flour and vanilla, mix until incorporated. Spread in a foil lined 9x13 pan, bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

When the cookie is completely cool pull out the pan with the ice cream. Pour the caramel over the ice cream. Break the cookie into pieces and sprinkle evenly over the caramel. I didn't use all the cookie since I doubled the recipe but I did use most of it. What you don't use, eat. The cookie is very good by itself.

In a microwave safe bowl place the chocolate chips and melt in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stir after each interval, until completely melted. Once melted drizzle over the cookie layer. Cover and freeze until ready to serve. You can cut into nice squares or just dig in like we did. Whatever way you choose will be the right way. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment