Look My Food's On TV!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Vanilla Caramel Fudge

I was naughty. I made a great WW cake and then had to make fudge. I gave most of it away. That's good right? My favorite fudge is vanilla caramel that has pecans in it. I didn't have any pecans or they would have been in this fudge. And it would have been even better. It was pretty good without.




Vanilla Caramel Fudge

a Lacey Original

Printer Friendly Version

1 package caramel bits or squares
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 package white chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
4 tablespoons unsalted butter

In a heavy bottom sauce pan melt the caramel bits and heavy cream together until smooth. Pour the caramel into a greased round pie plate or 8X8 square pan. Put in the fridge to cool.

To make the fudge you want to do a double boiler. Heat water in a stock pot until barely simmering. Put the chocolate chips, condensed milk, and butter into a heat proof bowl. Place the bowl over the stock pot. Stir the mixture to help it melt together. Once all melted and incorporated pour over the caramel. Place in the fridge to chill.

I had no problem getting the fudge out of the pan because it slid right out in one piece but I had a hard time cutting it. I had to let it warm up a little and then cut it with kitchen scissors.

No comments:

Post a Comment