Look My Food's On TV!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Tomato Tortellini Soup

This isn't the greatest picture. I was trying to get the tortellini in the photo but it wasn't cooperating. This recipe is out of Taste of Homes 2011 Annual Recipe cookbook. This soup is so easy to make and it takes less than 30 minutes to cook. I made it before I went to work one afternoon. It tastes really good to. It's like eating tomato soup with the grilled cheese inside the soup. If you prefer grilled cheese over tortellini leave the tortellini out and make yourself a grilled cheese. But the cheese tortellini is really good and makes this soup extra special. I won't be making this a lot only due to the fact that it is pretty rich and it came out to be 6 points per cup. I don't know about the rest of you but I hardly eat just one cup of soup at a time.

Tomato Tortellini Soup
adapted from Taste of Homes 2011 Annual Cookbook

Printer Friendly Version


10 one cup servings, 6 WW points per serving

1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini, (I had about 2 1/2 cups leftover from another recipe. The WW points are calculated for 2 1/2 cups)
2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) reduced sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups skim milk
2 cups half and half cream
1 can diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese (I used grated since that is what I had on had)

In a Dutch oven, combine the soup, broth, milk, cream, tomatoes, and seasonings. Heat through, stirring frequently. When soup is hot add the tortellini and cook for seven minutes or until tortellini are cooked through. Stir in cheese. To serve sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment